Sunday 1 December 2013

Exercise 3: Printing

 
 
 
I went to the local Prontaprint office in the Bishop's Stortford to ask if they could print my images on the paper that I have collected. The gentleman told me that it has to be the paper suitable for the big printer otherwise the laser that they use may burn the paper.  He advised me to use my home printer instead.

 


Is my home printer good enough to print all of my 16 colourful images? Would it be better for me to try it first on the small samples? I think it is good idea to work on the small surface where I could see the colours on the different papers.  I will do that first rather then wasting a big amount of ink on something that may not look good.  Let's try.....

 
 














 
 
 

After all of the printed small samples I can see clearly that I have a problem to print an image on to the black paper. I have tried to set the picture with different colours like black and white or making a negative from the image, however as you may see the black paper is too dark to print anything on it.  I also see that the more texture I have on the paper the less clear the image becomes.  The colours seem to lose quality when printed on the paper like canvas textured paper 300gsm 140lb.
 
 
My 15 printed illustrations some of them on paper 160g/m2 98lbs.
 
 
printed illustration called : " Motherhood " 
 
 
 
printed illustration called :" Marriage"
 
 
 
 
 
printed illustration called : "My favourite music"
 
 
 
 
 
 
printed illustration called :" Culture"
 
 
 
printed illustration called :"Close to the nature"
 
 
 
 
 
 
printed illustration called : "Com-Passion"
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
printed illustration called :" Polish tune "
 
 
 
 
 
printed illustration called :" Everyone needs love"
 
 
 
 
 
printed illustration called :" Ho-nest-y"
 
 
 
 
 
printed illustration called :"Poetry is a honey to my soul "
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
printed illustration called :"Sweet things"
 
 
 
 
 
 
printed illustration called : "Contemporary soul"
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
printed illustration called :" Piece of mind"
 
 
 
 
 
 
printed illustration called :"I will give anything if you need"
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
printed illustration called :" Home is where my heart is"
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment