Monday 23 September 2013

Exercise 3 - Illustrating text

Exercise 3 - Illustrating text

book 1

I decided to take “Alice’s Adventures –in Wonderland- & Through the looking glass” written by Lewis Carroll as my first text to illustrate.  I focused on the first six pages from the chapter one. 

The image that I decided to take to complement the page is very simple illustration of the flower. The concept of that was to not to disturb the text, just to feel the space on the page. 

I made a small note next to the image

 

SMALL IMAGE

SIZE 64x57mm

 

IN THE BOTTOM RIGHT CORNER OF THE PAGE

 

 

Page number two is a continuation of the poem from the page number one therefore; I decided to place an image in the same style as the first one. Did I achieved the good effect, I hope so. Page 3  contains a  picture of a little girl which I thought that looks like a little Alice. This is a photo I took two years ago near Bishop’s Stortford during the May Day . This was a May Queen  therefore I do not need a permission to use this picture in this task. I placed this picture in the middle of the page thinking that is a good illustration for the beginning of the book.  I used my own drawing of a rabbit on the page number 4 in the bottom middle part of the page. Page five has again my own illustration of the tea cup .



 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 







 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
book number 2
" Grandmother's Wisdom " by Lee Faber




The book number two is a good , old-fashioned advice handed down through the ages and the book is called “ Grandmother’s Wisdom “ by Lee Faber. The book has different style from the first one . There are many recipes inside therefore I decided to illustrated this book.

Microwave lemon curd has different fonts and different size as well as colour. Typefaces that I used for this task:

  • Giddyup Std 40pt
  • Blue Highway d type 18pt

 

  • Verdana 14pt

 

  • Byington 18pt

 

  • Brush Script Std 18pt

 

All drawings are mine own therefore, there is no need for me to as for permission to use them.




















 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment